- Extend a USB 2.0 port up to 50m using low cost CAT5/5e/6 network cable (not included)
- Power over CAT5/6 requires a single power supply to be connected to the Transmitter
- Supports USB 2.0 High Speed and USB 1.1 Full Speed / Low Speed
- Plug & Play installation – Compatible with all Operating Systems with USB support
- 2 Year Warranty
The Lindy USB 2.0 CAT5/6 Extender can be used to extend the distance between a USB peripheral device and host computer by up to 50m. It consists of a local unit which connects to the computer and a remote unit that connects up a USB peripheral.
A standard, low cost CAT5/5e/6 network cable (not included) is then used to bridge the connection between the transmitter and the receiver unit..
The Extender features Power over CAT5/6, this requires a single power supply to be connected to the Transmitter/Local unit, and this handy feature allows the Receiver/Remote unit and connected devices to be located more freely as no power supply is required.
For added convenience both the Transmitter and Receiver units both feature integrated mounting brackets making installation even easier.
Please Note: For high bandwidth bus powered devices such as webcams, and especially HD webcams, we recommend the 100m 4 Port USB 2.0 CAT5 Extender Pro.
* Quoted lengths are possible with a direct connection between Transmitter and Receiver using good quality CAT6 UUTP Solid Core cable. Using a different cable type, or introducing wall plates, couplers or patch panels will result in a reduction of possible distances.
- Transmitter unit
- Receiver unit
- 0.5m USB 2.0 A Male to B Male cable
- Multi-Country Power Supply (EU, UK, US & AUS)
- Lindy Manual
- USB Standard: USB 2.0
- Supported Bandwidth: 480Mbps
- Maximum Distance: 50m (164.04ft)
- Transmission Medium: Cat.5/5e/6 or higher network cable
- Chipset: NS1021
- Special Features: Power over RJ45
- Transmitter Input: USB Type B (Female)
- Transmitter Output: RJ45 (Female)
- Receiver Input: RJ45 (Female)
- Receiver Output: 1 x USB Type A (Female)
- Power: 3.5/1.35mm DC socket
- Dimensions WxDxH:
- 60x67x23mm (2.36x2.64x0.91in) (TX)
- 60x67x23mm (2.36x2.64x0.91in) (RX)
- Housing Material: Metal
- Net Weight: 0.3kg (0.66lb)
- Operating Temperature: -0° - 70°C (32°F - 158°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 80°C (-4°F - 176°F)
- Humidity: 0 - 90% RH (non-condensing)
- Power Requirements: 24VDC 0.5A
- Colour: Black
- Packaging Type: Carton Box
- Packaging Dimensions: 185x140x55mm (7.28x5.51x2.17in)
- Gross Weight: 0.4kg (0.88lb)
- Warranty (Years): 2
- Certificated: CE, FCC, RoHS, REACH